Monday, August 20, 2012

In Which We Have A Quiet Day

We mostly spent today indoors, reading and doing crafty-type projects.  I think it's always a great idea to make sure at least one day of a vacation is a quiet day, so that you have time to relax!  There's no point in a vacation if you spend so much time rushing from one thing to another that you are more tired when you get back than when you came.  I'm not on vacation of course, but my sister is so that's the perfect excuse to spend several hours during the day sitting on the couch reading and eating things in the highly nutritious chocolate food group.  I'm pretty sure if you don't eat enough chocolate on vacation you get scurvy or something. 

Anyway, we did do at least a couple productive things today; we picked up Connor's prescription refills and drove out to his doctor's office to drop off the dozen or so pages of medical information forms, medication administration directions, etc. that need to be filled out before Connor can go to school.  He'll be starting up in just a couple of weeks, which doesn't seem possible.  The summer has really flown by, and first grade is coming up fast! 

I'm extremely happy to say that our air conditioner will be installed tomorrow!  Most of the summer is over now of course, but we could still have a few days where we might need to turn it on.  I'm just so happy that my twelve hour mall window-shopping excursions can come to an end.  I'm also really excited about being able to use my oven, dishwasher and dryer during the day without worrying about heating the house up too much for Connor. 

Hooray for climate control!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory