Sunday, July 31, 2011

In Which Ellen (No Not That Ellen) Is In Town

My friend Ellen (not my daughter Ellen, though that would be fantastic) is in town right now for a few days, which is, as always, turning out to be tremendous amounts of fun.  This is the Ellen that our daughter would be named after if she didn't already have a perfectly good name and also was able to pronounce Ellen, which she probably can't.  Got that?

Anyway, Ellen and have been really, really close friends since I was twelve years old, which is kind of a ridiculously long time to be friends with somebody.  We usually try and see each other a couple of times a year, and any time we are around each other we instantly revert to around the age we met.  Needless to say, all sorts of shenanigans happen.  So no doubt I will have a tremendously good time while she is here, and Jeremy will be doing a lot of justified eye-rolling.

So I don't have a whole lot to report today, because I spent the first half cleaning and the second half giggling over old sketch books with Ellen, in which I'd drawn a bunch of extremely bad renditions of people in various action poses, dragons that look a whole lot like the pet iguana I had at the time with wings, and chunky, fat horses with legs that bend the wrong way.  Ellen has a bunch of similar sketch books at home.  Ellen and I were Very Serious Artists.  Of course, Ellen could actually draw people and dragons and horses.  Particularly horses-- we've got some of hers hanging in our hallway, and their legs bend the right way and everything.  Also they look amazing, but that's beside the point.

So anyway, it's fantastic to see her, and we'll no doubt enjoy ourselves way more than is probably healthy and/or legal for people our age.  Yay for company!

~Jess

3 comments:

gloria said...

Okay, does your Ellen have a website for people to buy her horse work? I really like the picture you have posted and if it were in the right colors with the right price, I'd totally buy it for my girls' room.

krlr said...

Ah, have fun! Friendships that old are priceless.

leah said...

How fun! The artwork is really beautiful - I gave up on drawing a LONG time ago (no talent for it whatsoever). Good friends are worth their weight in gold.

 
Blog Directory