Thursday, July 21, 2011

In Which Connor Needs A Trauma Scale And I Am A Cartoon

Connor had four seizures today.

I'm not much of one for updating the look of my site, but I sort of think the blog need a Seizure Threat Level bar at the top so instead of blogging about them practically every day I can just set the level based on however many he's had.  Or I could simply put up a version of that trauma scale I was going to submit as a possible revision for What To Expect The First Year.  Today would be a Coffee Heath Bar Crunch and Bailey's Irish Cream day. 

I have no idea where that would actually fall on the scale, but it sounds delicious. 

Anyway, so the other major-- and much more amusing-- activity of the day was that I got to be a roller derby life model!  The Cartoonist's League of Absurd Washingtonians (CLAW) holds monthly open salons, and they invited us to pose!  So me and a couple of my teammates dressed up and spent a couple of hours holding poses while a whole bunch of ridiculously good artists drew our portraits.  It was a ton of fun!  Not only did we get to watch some really cool people at work, but they even paid for our drinks and let us pick out an ACEO by the lovely Anique Zimmer, whose work was on gallery display there!

We attracted rather more attention than we anticipated, as there was a large picture window facing the street directly behind where we were posing.  Since we were all dressed in fishnets and hot pants, we were quite the window dressing!  Apparently the expressions of the pedestrians who glanced in the window were just a tad comical.  I believe we drummed up a bit of business for the coffee shop, and also possibly caused a couple of elderly gentlemen to have heart palpatations.  Whoops.

I wish I could show you all of the really neat artwork from tonight!  If any of the artists post their work anywhere I'll have to put up a link to it. 

So the evening was certainly an improvement on the rest of the day, even though it didn't involve any ice cream.  It did involve a lovely cup of free hot cocoa though, which will work in a pinch! 

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory