Thursday, May 3, 2012

In Which Connor Pulls An All-Nighter And My Brain Is Fried

Forgive me if this is a little disjointed.  I'm having a bit of a problem with things like spelling and higher brain function right now.

Connor decided to pull an all-nighter last night.  Not only that, but this was the super happy, screamy hyper type of all-nighter in which he emits ear-piercing shrieks every five minutes.  I took the monitor out into the living room so that Jeremy could get some sleep, and spent the night sitting on the couch watching bad romantic comedies on DVD, drinking obscene amounts of tea and fantasizing about how great it's going to be to have a night nurse. 

Finally about six in the morning I went in and woke up Jer so I could get an hour or two of sleep before he had to go in to work.  Connor continued to be his screamy, chipper self.  Obviously this was not going to be a good day for me to operate any heavy machinery or make big life decisions.  Luckily Jeremy ended up coming back home so I was able to go back to bed and nap for a while, so at least I wasn't going to be a danger to myself and the little guy.  I've learned to function (sort of) on two or three hours of sleep a night, but all-nighters are a little extreme for me; especially after a couple of days of Connor being sick.

Unbelievably, he's still awake right now, which means that he's now gone about thirty-eight hours straight without sleep.  At least he didn't have any seizures today.

I stayed home from derby practice, because driving thirty-five minutes away at night in a rain storm on less than two hours of sleep is probably a really bad idea-- not to mention the fact that I'd probably be a hazard on skates. 

Thankfully these complete insomnia sorts of days are few and far between.  Once we've got a nurse I'll have a lot of catching up on sleep to do. 

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory