Sunday, May 20, 2012

In Which We Have A Quiet Day

The rain decided to come back today, so we spent most of the day indoors.  Connor needed a quiet day, since yesterday was chock full of adventure!  It was perfect timing for some rainy weather anyway, since it meant that all of my new plants were thoroughly watered in without me having to lift a finger.

Not a whole lot else happened today; I spent a little bit of time out in the yard cutting up turf (it's much easier in the rain when the ground is soft) and did a bit of shopping, but otherwise we spent the day quietly.  Every once in a while we need a day or two like that!

Connor should be having his IEP meeting this week, which I feel pretty excited about because we'll be talking about his full-time school program for next year.  He'll be spending six hours a day in school instead of just over two and a half, and while I'm sad that he's leaving the fantastic teacher and staff who have been working with him the past three years, I think he's ready to take on the challenge and I can't wait to see what he'll be doing by the end of next school year. 

Watch out, first grade-- here comes Connor!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory