Sunday, May 13, 2012

In Which I Have A Lovely, Lumpy Mother's Day

Forgive me if this is a little disjointed tonight, but I'm on a pretty good dose of Benedryl right now so I'm a little wonky.  Turns out that I'm allergic to grass, which is a fantastic thing to discover when you are digging up a 225 square foot area of lawn. 

I'd actually forgotten that I was allergic to grass because it's been so long since I've had a reaction to it.  I used to have major problems with it when I was in high school and running cross country, but then I quit running ten mile races through freshly mown fields and the problem resolved itself; I figured I'd just outgrown the issue.  However, judging by the glorious crop of hives I've been sporting across my arms and torso today I seem to have resensitized myself to it over the past few days.  So it looks like I'll be digging out the last 60 feet of sod in full length gloves and long sleeves.  Hooray!

This is yet one more reason for me to get rid of all the grass in my yard.  Obviously the grass has it in for me.

Oh, and happy Mother's Day to all of you!  That's right-- it is Mother's Day, isn't it?  I probably should have talked about that first.  I'm telling you, Benedryl does a real number on me.  Anyway, Jeremy and Connor brought me breakfast, and Jer planted three rose bushes and a fatsia plant for me in the garden, which was exactly what I asked for.  Connor made me a beautiful butterfly picture at school-- his painted footprints are the wings.  It's going in a place of honor on the built-in shelves by my bed.  Oh, and I got out of the house for a little while, wandered around yet another plant nursery, and later sat and read a book while nursing a Thai iced tea.  Bliss!

So it was a great Mother's Day, other than the whole breaking-out-in-hives thing.  I hope you all had a lovely one too!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory