Saturday, May 12, 2012

In Which I Pick Up A Bathtub And Work Outside Some More

It's a bathtub.  It's pink.  What more can I say?
The patio is about halfway finished now; I didn't get as much done today as I was expecting because I got lost going to Renton to pick up a pink bathtub.  Oh, and also a sink, though that was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing.  I'm using them for a later garden project that I'll tell you more about later, because I like being all mysterious and stuff and also because if it doesn't work out I can just pretend that the whole bathtub thing never happened. 

Oh, and also it got really hot outside, so I didn't want to work outside in the afternoon.  And by really hot, I mean 77 degrees.  I'll wait until you all you people in Texas stop laughing before I continue.

Anyway, so I mostly worked on the yard in the evening, because before the whole getting-lost-while-finding-a-bathtub thing I went to the farmer's market with Jer and Connor.  Because of the sunny weather the market was extremely busy, but we still managed to putter around and find what we needed.  Jeremy was pretty excited to discover a new microroaster had set up shop at the market who was willing to sell him unroasted coffee beans.  He's always looking for new coffee bean sources. 

I had fun looking at all the lovely plants, though I don't want to get anything until I'm done with the patio, because I have enough to do out in the yard right now as it is!  Connor enjoyed looking at the flowers too, and he also really seemed to enjoy listening to the street musicians and watching the many, many dogs that were out and about.

So tomorrow I'm getting up bright and early because I'd like to get as far as possible on the patio this weekend!  Except it's supposed to get to 80 degrees tomorrow, so I'll probably take a nice long break in the middle of the day.  It's going to be a scorcher!

~Jess

1 comment:

Serge said...

You must be sure that the dimensions of this cute pink bathtub matches the free space in your bathroom.

 
Blog Directory