Monday, May 21, 2012

In Which I Fall Down Some More And Connor Feels Under The Weather

I'm lying here with my knee elevated and on ice at the moment.  I think I might have popped my kneecap out and back into place at practice tonight-- I fell and it ended up in an awkward position with weight on top of it.  At any rate, the inside of my knee is turning all sorts of pretty colors already, so we'll see what this looks like over the next few days.  Thankfully I'm not in agonizing pain and I'm not feeling any clicking or restriction when I move it or anything-- the knee is just swollen and tender.  So I don't think it's serious.  I'll baby it for a few days and see how it feels.

That's what happens when you play roller derby!

Connor had a small seizure today and he was having some trouble keeping his food down, so I'm wondering if he might have picked up a little stomach bug somewhere.  We'll keep a close eye on him and take his temperature often to make sure that he isn't starting to run a fever, which is the main problem when he gets sick since it sends the number of seizures he has skyrocketing.  He still seems to be in pretty good spirits other than the whole nausea thing though, so depending on how he feels in the morning we'll still send him to school. 

Hopefully it was just a fluke and he'll feel great tomorrow!

~Jess






No comments:

 
Blog Directory