Friday, June 8, 2012

In Which Connor Is Almost Done With School And I Prepare For Some Scrubbing Bubbles

Today was Hawaiian Day at school for Connor, so I sent him off in a tie-dye shirt and sunglasses, which was about the closest to Hawaiian I could scrounge up.  After two days of multiple-hour long naps and solid sleeping through the night, I think the little guy is fully recovered from his ear infection-- just in time for our night nurse's weekend.  He's squealing and giggling his little head off in his bedroom right now.  Looks like it will be a long night!  Luckily my kitchen is stocked with an ample supply of chocolate sour cream cake to help keep me going.

Connor has one more week of school and then he's finished with preschool and moving on to summer and then first grade.  He's come such a long way in his three years of preschool, and I'm so, so proud of him.  I'm also really not ready for him to a first grader, but I have a few months to come to terms with that.  In the meantime I can spend the summer in glorious denial.  Until September, every time someone mentions the words "first grade" I'm going to stick my fingers in my ears and go "La la la la la la!" because I am a mature adult and that's how mature adults handle things. 

Tomorrow I'll be pretty busy-- my roller derby team is raising money for the Make A Wish Foundation by washing cars as part of their Soaps It Up! Car Wash event, and so I'll be playing with water and bubbles all day.  Make A Wish has done some amazing things for a lot of Connor's friends, so I'm excited to be helping them out!  Stop by if you're in the neighborhood-- we'll be down at Hi-Tech Collision in Spanaway. 

Of course it's supposed to rain tomorrow, but I'm hoping it will hold off so we can get a good turnout for the kids!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory