Tuesday, June 12, 2012

In Which We Make Plans To Hit The Trails

Connor and I drove out to Gig Harbor today so that we could stop by the pharmacy and do a bit of shopping.  The view out over the Narrows Bridge is just lovely, and it made me think about some of the things we did together last summer.  I've got a book called Accessible Trails In Washington's Backcountry that has a lovely list of trails all over the state we can take Connor to without any difficulty, and I think it's about time to pull it out and get ready for an outing or two! 

I took a good look at the book today, and apparently there's a lovely accessible trail on the shore of Lake Washington only about half an hour from our house.  They have a swimming beach too, but that's not something we'll take advantage of because of Connor's g-tube-- the lake water can leak in around the tube site and there's a lot of bacteria in there that he doesn't need to have in his digestive system.  I think the boardwalk and beach area would be pretty fun to explore, though! 

This will be the last summer that we'll be a family of three, which is strange to think about.  Next summer we can revisit so many places that Connor's already seen and rediscover them all over again.  I can't wait to see what Ellen thinks of all of our favorite haunts! 

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory