Friday, June 29, 2012

In Which I Sleep Way, Way In And Do Some Digging

Connor was a little clingy today; basically any time he wasn't in my lap or Jer's he was yelling at the top of his lungs.  He knows how to make things happen around here.  I think he's missing his school routine and feeling like he needs a bit of extra attention. 

Jer let me sleep in all the way until early afternoon; I can't believe I slept that late!  I've been having a bit of trouble sleeping recently-- I think it's probably because we don't have blackout curtains and the sun is rising at five in the morning here right now since it's the middle of summer.  Evidently my body decided to play catch-up today, and he was a total sweetheart and let me sleep in.  I don't think I've slept that late in years!

Once I actually dragged myself out of bed, I went outside and finished cutting up the remaining sod in our future patio area into strips so that Jer can dig it out.  I had to stop digging it out and moving it myself when I discovered my glorious allergy to grass, so the project has been taking longer than I anticipated.  At this rate I'll be lucky to have a patio before Christmas!  Hopefully in the next week or so we'll be able to start laying gravel, and hopefully things will go a little bit more smoothly from there.

I just want to get it done before Ellen gets here.  I don't want her first view of our backyard to have a giant hole in it!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory