Thursday, June 14, 2012

In Which Connor Is Way Too Big And I Get Ready To Hang Up My Skates For A While

I'm really tired for some reason tonight, so I'll make this a quick post!  Connor has his preschool graduation party tomorrow, and I'm probably going to cry because it's been such a fantastic three years for him and I can't believe he's going to be in first grade!  It seems like it was only yesterday that he was pint size enough to fit in the crook of my arm.

We've got some summer plans starting to come together; my parents are coming up in July and in August my sister is going to come visit.  It will be lovely to get the chance to see them and have fun exploring more of the Pacific Northwest with them. 

My roller derby championship bout is coming up at the end of June, and if you are in the area and want to see me skate and fall down many, many times in creative ways this will be your last chance for a year or so; I'll be taking next season off so that I can focus on Ellen's arrival and helping her settle in.  I'll still be practicing a couple of times a week (as opposed to my current four nights a week) for stress relief and to keep my skill level up until I go active again, but I won't be bouting.  So all you folks who keep telling me you'll get around to coming-- this will be your last chance for a long while. 

Anyway, that's about all the news I can think of for today.  I'm off to bed!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory