Tuesday, June 26, 2012

In Which Connor Keeps Jer's Chin Up

Connor has picked up this absolutely adorable habit some time in the past few months; whenever he sits on Jer's lap and is concentrating on something, he reaches back and holds Jeremy's chin.

Jeremy usually responds by either talking to him or humming so that Connor can feel the vibration.  They'll sit together for hours at a time while Jer is on the computer or reading, and Connor spends a good portion of that time holding onto his daddy's chin while he's occupied with whatever he's doing.  I have no idea where he picked up the habit-- it's certainly a rather unusual one-- but it's pretty cute.  He's very gentle about it, so it's not a habit we feel like we need to break.  Smacking his daddy in the nose or something equally abrupt wouldn't be nearly as cute.

He doesn't do it with me-- he usually feels my arms or holds onto my hand.  Maybe my chin isn't as exciting because I don't grow beard stubble or something; I have no idea.  At any rate the chin holding is a daddy-only thing, and it's great that they have a special thing just the two of them share!  I think he's just double checking to make sure Jer's still there.  That's my sweet boy.

For some reason the little guy felt pretty under the weather today; he slept in super late, perked up for a bit but then crashed again in the afternoon, alternating between napping and throwing up all over the place.  I'm not sure what the heck that was all about.  Of course since he slept so much during the day he's wide awake now, but at least he's not throwing up all over the place anymore.  So that's a plus.

It may just be backlash from him staying up until two in the morning for a few days in a row.  Hopefully he'll go down soon, get a good night's sleep and be right as rain in the morning!

~Jess

No comments:

 
Blog Directory